Before you apply, we strongly encourage you to attend the informational meeting. This meeting is held in March each year.
To see if Lilac Children’s Garden (LCG) is a good match for your family, our enrollment process requires that the caregiver(s) tour LCG and that the child visits the prospective class for 20-30 minutes before an admissions decision can be made by the teacher. Please contact LCG to schedule a tour.
After the teacher and caregivers determine together that LCG is a good fit and the teacher determines that there is space in the class for a new student, LCG’s registrar will provide the new family with registration materials. Registration for new families begins in the spring after our current families have announced their intentions and made their deposits for the next school year.
Enrollment Process Timeline
- March: Attend the Information Meeting.
- March/April: Caregivers tour LCG without their children present. These tours take place on Tuesday afternoons during class time, between 1 and 4 pm. Contact LCG to schedule.
- March/April (after caregiver tour): The child visits the prospective class on a Tuesday afternoon. Contact LCG to schedule.
- After tour and class visit: Caregiver and LCG teacher discuss whether LCG is a good fit. The LCG teacher will contact the registrar to let the registrar know if the child is being accepted.
- April/May: The availability of space in the prospective class determines if we can send out a registration form to enroll prospective students. If there is space in the class, the registrar sends the materials to the families who have been accepted into the class by the teacher. The family submits the registration materials within two weeks with a non-refundable deposit of $35 (to be applied to tuition), plus a $30 initial membership fee for a total of $65. In the event that we cannot send the family a registration packet because of space constraints, we will start a wait list for those families who have been accepted.
LCG welcomes students of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, cultural heritage, political beliefs, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender, marital status or disabilities in offering admission, providing services, or in our employment practices.